8.14.2008

Fuck Budweiser

I sit here drinking the last two Budweiser's I will ever pay for. I thought about pouring them down the toilet, but unlike some, I have a few scruples left. I'm an American and I don't waste beer. I am a patriot and no more will I drink the "King of Beers." In case you haven't heard ...

That's right, "The Great American Lager" sold us out. For $52 billion, a piece of American history, culture and pride is no longer ours. I hope Warren Buffett and Cindy McCain choke on their filet mignon tonight. I hope InBev is revoked the right to print the colors red, white or blue on their cans and bottles. I hope they are not even allowed to print the label in English.

I'll drink Abita Beer from now on. Made by Americans for Americans. And if I have a taste for something imported, I'll have a Guiness - a good Catholic beer. Because if I'm paying for imported brew, it better have to cross an ocean, not the Mississippi.

No comments: