8.14.2008

A Great Shave

I love a close shave, but I used to hate shaving. I hated nicking myself with whatever 5-bladed contraption I was using at the time. I hated paying $15 for replacement blades that seem to get dull after a few uses and I hated the red bumps I was just learning to live with on my neck. Then I read an article at one of my new favorite websites and I will never go back to the pitiful shave I used to bare.

Wet shaving is what men used to do before Gillette told us we needed more than one blade and charged us double. It’s what our grandfathers did instead of spreading goop from a can all over their puss and hacked away with more sharp edges than it would take to skin a deer. And lord knows they never bought anything that vibrated across their face like something you get at a seedy store to keep in the bottom drawer of a nightstand. Now after I’ve tried it, I know there’s a better way. It’s cheaper, smoother and not near as gay as a battery operated vibrating razor with adjustable speeds and $20 refills.

Check out the article here and be prepared for a new morning routine.

No comments: