3.18.2007

This One's for My Homies

You may be wondering to yourself, "What the hell has Brett been up to?" I know you must have. It's been a while since I have updated the progress (or even regress) of my life in Baton Rouge. Certainly, now married, now, in case you didn't know, a home owner, I would have something worthwhile putting down in this here blog. Alas, it has arrived.

As the previous owner of this house was moving out his load truck load of stuff, I noticed he hadn't loaded the keg sitting in the garage yet. "You gonna take that with you?" I asked. "Why? You want it?"

"I've always wanted my own keg."

"Good, I don't have any room for it anyway. It's yours."

For the past two weeks, I've eyed this keg. Dusted it's cobwebs. Named it Priscilla. But what to do. Finally, necessity struck me like an ax to the skull ... kegerator. But how? I searched for my answer on the internet and found easy-to-follow-make-your-own-kegerator-and-be-the-coolest-kid-on the-block-instructions. I would only need a kit and a refrigerator. After pricing new mini-fridges, I realized there has to be a cheaper way. Then I searched Craigslist. I would like to include the correspondence that brought this beauty in my life.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,

I'm interested in knowing more about the fridge. I don't care about the color, I just want to make a kegerator out of it for my garage. I will be glad to pick up if all works out. So, it still works? Any problems I need to know about? Have a picture?

Thanks!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It sounds to me like you are the perfect new owner.
It's working very well. This is big, at least 25 cf. Would be great for keg. Shelves can be removed.
I am remodeling and this is in the way, eager to get it out of the house.
It has been running since I bought the house three years ago. Never a problem. Keeps very cold in both compartments. Door seals are good.
Never broke down, never had any problem.
Does not have the ice maker but one could be hooked up.
Didn't bother to clean it. Has no dents.
This would be very good for garage.
The color, even if you don't care, is kind of cool, chocolate brown.
Please call me 225 336 1210 any time. I am home tomorrow, Friday, all weekend. Downtown, Spanish Town.
If you can take it away soon, I will take any reasonable offer.
Bring truck, I think you will want it.
Sending two pictures in next email.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds great and a perfect fit for my workroom. Will $50 take it off your hands? If so, I will be glad to come by and pick it up. I've got a truck with plenty of room, but I might need a hand loading if that would be all right.

I will give you a call around 10 this morning if that all right as well.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's great. sold.
I will help load it, no problem.
Happy you can get it asap.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

missamanda said...

I believe that my husband may be jeolous? Does this mean that we weill be getting a beer fridge ourselves? I would love that! It just occured to me that not many wifes would love 24 hour beer access? Come see the girls- they are getting big. Later dude!